Monday 30 November 2009

Monday noises...

This morning I was teaching at 10.40 so walked out the door at 10.20 to drive to school, a 15 minute drive and five minutes to spare. Hmmm.
Problem No. 1: my car was iced up including the windscreen. Deal with that. Drive down lane to main road, come round last bend....
Problem No. 2: a low loader was blocking the lane whilst decanting a caterpillar. All the time in the world they had! Talk about 'no hurry in Africa', there wasn't much hurry in Leitrim either! I suppose the wonder of it was that I was only five minutes late.
In school some of the little people insisted on making odd squeaky noises instead of singing, the same happened after break with 4th class, and now B is emptying the dishwasher with a whole series of squeaks, quacks, squeaky quacking and quacky squeaking. Did I miss something? Is today the Official Funny Noise Monday? Or would it be the effect I have on children....?

Did I mention that the school keyboard plug went up in smoke (literally) last week, so we are now dependant on pianos? As a result I have to keep asking teachers if I can use their room whilst they move their class to another piano-less one. Luckily there are three pianos between eight classes but its getting a bit embarrassing. A new keyboard adaptor plug must be bought!

After school I went over to the folks to catch up on their weekend news. Dad was delighted to have been at the Rugby to see Ireland beat the Springboks! He said if it had been less misty he and bro would have seen more! Mum and the sister went house-hunting in Dublin but it wasn't very successful. They seem to have had a good weekend together, and at least the folks travelled on the train which was running on time, unlike the buses.


Tomorrow my Fiat Punto has its NCT to see whether it is roadworthy for another two years. I have my doubts whether it will pass straight off...there could be a lot of bad words...please cover your ears at about 9.30am tomorrow?

3 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Sounds like a busy and noisy Monday. Glad you were only 5 min. late!

Sonya

collettakay said...

It sounds like a very "hecktic" day! At least you made it through. Or have there been more noises?

Are you sure the noises aren't coming from you? lol

Amy Tate said...

I found your blog through Terri Tiffany's, and I'm glad I did! I hope your car passes too. I'm not very hip about permits these days. My husband and I have been up against a "brick wall" regarding permits. But I promise that I won't listen to your bad words, if you won't listen to mine, lol!
Do you quilt too? I'm beginning a class in January, and I can't wait to learn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...