Saturday 28 November 2009

Saturday Sisters

What do you do when your sister comes for the weekend?

You make 'yeti foot shaped' pancakes (I quote!) while arguing non-stop and singing all the Disney songs you know!

That is Dilly and B's idea of a good morning!


The last few days I've been working on a doll for a little girl. Its my 'Poppy' pattern, I was going to use the 'Penny' pattern but was afraid the doll would turn out longer than the little girl!

I have so enjoyed doing it- there is a vast difference between making a doll for someone in particular and just making one in the hopes someone will like it. I didn't realise it would make a difference to me as I made her. I don't name my dolls though, that should be the prerogative of the receiver I think. Anyhow, its been very enjoyable and now I have to hide and post her before B steals her! Sos just phoned to say she is on the bus home. Due to the flooding buses are running late with a lot of de-tours, so there's no knowing when she will arrive. Looks like she won't see Dilly after all, which is a shame. She is also missing a post-pancake game of 'Risk'-world domination...perhaps that's a good thing?


On television last night was the 'Late Late Toy Show' which is one of the highlights of National TV here, and gives rise to endless discussion. It is meant to be an advertising gimmick but of course this is Ireland so it is seen as entertainment and a source of hilarity. As they cook, the girls are going over the highlights and having a great time! The Irish 'gift of the gab' is alive and well and in my kitchen...

5 comments:

Micki said...

I love the doll! It reminds me of a primitive doll...lobely!
Micki

Constructive Attitude said...

hahaha. that doll is so cute.

ladydi said...

I so agree that making something for a special person is much more fun than just making something. It's amazing how much love you can pour into a project when it's for someone you know. :} Darling doll! It's good to hear that the girls were happy to be together for the weekend. Nice!

Terri Tiffany said...

Your doll is wonderful! I love reading your words as some of them are so different from here--they almost sing. I would love to hear your accent for real:)

Jane's Art said...

Oh I just can't wait to see her in person!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...