Saturday 5 December 2009

Of Elves and Quilts...

All you Mothers out there will appreciate this scenario:-
Tea time Friday, 'Mom I need an Elf costume tomorrow. I got a job helping Santa at the grotto in Togher's!'
Lovely dear, and how do I magic up an elf costume?
'Oh I figured you'd have some red material and you know...'

So, up at sparrow this morning to make this:
The waistcoat was an old sateen top (from my disco days but sssh!) and the shirt was a remnant of silk left over from the dress I made for my first date with the Hub many MANY years ago...
Talk about history!
And for the rest of the day I've been working on hand-quilting yesterday's mishap. Definitely better than the machine quilting.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

You are so very talented. Beautiful!!

You have an award on arise 2 write.
andrea

collettakay said...

I love hand-quilting!

Great job on the elf costume. Go, Mom!

Ulla said...

Oh I don't know how many times I have been like that to my mother! She always solved the problem, but I could see she wasn't too pleased with the short deadlines.
Hand quilting looks lovely.

Andrea said...

Heckety, you are so creative! Blessed, I would say! :) The outfit is lovely and is perfect for your beautiful daughter.

What a wonderful mom you are!!!

Blessings to you, dear friend in Ireland!

Love,

Andrea

Constructive Attitude said...

awwwwwww it came out so cute :)

Deborah said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the little elf coustume also!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I'm going to follow yours! I'm going to look forward to reading it!
Thanks again, Deborah

ladydi said...

Wow! Nicely done with the darling elf costume, and I loved hearing where the fabric came from. I hope your daughter treasures it (or at least appreciates it!) Sometimes machine quilting just doesn't measure up, but don't you absolutely hate unpicking all those stitches? Been there, done that. :>}

Jane's Art said...

Bless you Bless you! My kids would be soooo out of luck!
And glad to know you discoed with the rest of us, LOL!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...