Tuesday 27 August 2013

Snap Happy!

Some weeks need to be deleted and/or overwritten.

Other weeks go fine except for nothing of a digital/ mechanical nature working.

Occasionally there are serendipitous weeks when things appear to go right...this might be one of them. Ssh, mustn't scare the Serendipity Fairy!

This is an odd selection of photos but let me explain:

Come September I may be teaching a few craft classes in the Craft and Sewing Basket shop on the Quays. Its through pure unadulterated cheek I was offered them but I am really looking forward to it. Here is a sample of the Christmas Angel Doll they'll be making, though the dress fabric has only to be changed for any seasonal angel. Just how the gold one ended up with such a big head is a mystery...as you can tell this may be a rather unintentionally 'interesting' class...and I may not be invited back...
Christmas Angels
This was just a man-hole cover I passed, but don't you think it looks a bit like an all-over Ohio Star pattern?? Me quilt obsessed? Not a bit!!
And the next two were just shop displays! I liked the flowers in the top one, and the stripes, and the combination of colours in the second! I'm so bad at putting colours together to look good that the phone camera is a really useful way to keep track of visually interesting colours. Well...maybe!

 
Another thing I was wondering about was changing the logo for Heckety Beck's shop, and possibly changing the name to something a bit more um....classy? Middlest painted me a piece of canvas in colours I want to use for me to play around with logos and labels etc. I was thinking 'Daffodil and Ruby' but not sure. Thought it might be more easily remembered than Heckety Beck, especially if I take a stall in the Market over the winter and start building a less folksy reputation. People don't want folksy now, but well-made artisan stuff. Does 'Daffodil and Ruby' sound classy? smart? artisan? fun and cheerful? (Don't' mention dolls with big heads.)
 
Hmmmm.
 
Later this week I am going to Dublin with a friend to stock-shop for her shop. If you never hear from me again you'll know I've taken up residence in a wool or fabric or craft warehouse somewhere in Dublin and am refusing to come out!!!
 
They're coming to take me away Ha! Ha!


2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

oh that sounds great! i started either just one class, and that had become a monthly, plus every few months an evening one, and some kids ones too, do this could be a new start!!!! daffodil and ruby sounds lovely, go for it ( and enjoy Dublin)

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

I love your dolls and I hope your class goes well. I'm sure you will be asked back. (You really don't KNOW how the head turned out to be so big????!) Hope you enjoyed Dublin. Would love to go there myself. We flew into Dublin when we came to Ireland, but all I saw was the inside of the airport and the busy roads. Want to actually spend a long weekend in Dublin. And drink Guinness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...