Thursday 1 October 2009

Another Random Dozen!

Another Random Dozen from the Lid! I don't know why these are such fun- maybe because the questions are things I never think about, or maybe because answering them shows up every one's eccentricities? Anyhow, for whatever reason, here they are!


1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
Since I rarely go to the cinema it has to be lying on the sofa with my feet up and ALL the sitting room cushions behind me. (Yes of course other people want the cushions, but I'm the Boss in this sty!)

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
Sometimes…I just hope the Church isn’t empty, that’s all!

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Giver, I think…I hope…oh goodness, I dunno…

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
Play it by ear, but buy a guide book and do as much as possible whilst away! One year I got so carried away with making the family visit and see everything locally that they mutinied and tried to abandon (read: 'wall me into') me in a 5th Century monk’s cell!

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
The top of the sideboard where the CDs are kept: I’m always on a mission when I’m looking for specific music and I think ‘oh I must come back and clean this’ and then I forget again once the music is on.

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
Bothar’! It’s an Irish Charity which sends cows from here to Africa, educating the families about looking after them properly. People can make a living for themselves with dignity.

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
I’m intolerant to gluten so…no sandwiches, biscuits, cakes, pizza, pasta, blah blah blah…and yes, it’s a darn nuisance. (but I do sometimes stick my finger in the peanut butter jar and lick it off, yeah yeah disgusting and unhygienic, I know.)

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I think I say everything twice, you know, repeat myself and say things again instead of just shutting up and not saying anything, did I say that I tend to repeat myself?

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
Brush teeth, jammies, check for a hankie under the pillow and then bash the pillow into the right shape!

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
Not yet………….

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
The Michelin Man- no comment.

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
I once texted in to the Radio Station’s ‘Lunchtime Choice’ programme and asked them to play Enio Morroconi’s ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ for my three daughters who happened to be home from school that day and driving me absolutely nuts- but they didn’t oblige! In retrospect perhaps it wasn’t very kind! (But it is the perfect song for them, in my opinion: the girls, however, see themselves more in terms of the 'Magnificent Seven' theme tune apparently.)

1 comment:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Loved this post and I'm sorry to hear about your gluten allergies. In the States, they sell gluten-free bread and it sucks.

The Michelin Man is he for real or a blow up character?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...