Saturday 10 October 2009

Mish-Mash!

I had a grand chat with the neighbours earlier, they are ever so friendly, as you can see!
Here's the progress on the quilt; I made the first roll-up yesterday. I also decided against doing a separate design on the green border, but am not convinced it was the right thing to do.
These two photos are in reverse order. The lower one I took when I was making up the goodie bags, and this one is the basket with 40 little goodie bags for my singers. I reckon a reward for the effort and the idea that Church can be fun are each good reasons for the treat. Some of them never attend Church except when the School is singing, others attend somewhere most Sundays.
Dilly arrived safely last night so we were cooking burgers for supper at nearly eleven pm! We are all glad to see her and the talk has been mighty! B said she had a cold burger and a bowl of ice-cream at 2am this morning! She was rather upset at supper as she'd had a rough day in school and was still processing it, so ate very little.
Today all three have gone to spend the day in town together and intend going to the cinema later. Its good to have sister time, anything which strengthens their relationship is useful. Dilly and B each need winter shoes which is a chore best left to them- I put a severe limit on the expenditure!
By the way does anyone out there have a good way of preventing one's dogs from re-arranging or running off with the floor rugs? They've only begun doing it the last two months or so but now they've started they find it a great game: I find the passage rug in the hall, the kitchen rug moves all over the place, the living room rug is sometimes in the kitchen and sometimes behind the sofa...if anyone is going to re-arrange items of furnishing I think it ought to be ME! I did tell them that but they just gave me 'The Stare'!
I've done the goodie bags, practised all the hymns for tomorrow, lit the fire, done the laundry...d'you know I think I can, with a CLEAR conscience QUILT! Yahay! See yez!

11 comments:

Cilla said...

Amused by the dogs antics!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog ... I 'followed' you because you left a note on my other 'anonymous' blog (Looking up - www.faithstart.blogspot.com) - I'm not quite comfortable with making myself 'known' on that blog yet as I know that family sometimes read my public blog.

Gran said...

Stopping by to say Hi

Your doggies are a hoot! How to stop them... 24/7 surveillance, did I hear a groan. They already know it is not going to happen, They win, sorry. ;0)

The candy looks pretty in your photos.

The trip up the coast to the quilt shop was nice to see, and your cows!

Happy mothering your children and "dawgs".

Hugs

Sandra said...

Love your header photo; it's beautiful and reminds me of what I see when I look out my window.
I'm knackered as well and headed to bed with a good book.
Glad you got the follower thing worked out.

Artistic Logic said...

haha looks like your dogs have sticky (fingers) paws

n ill have a burger any time of day... yummmmmm

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

How sweet to make those "goodie bags" for your singers.! Love your neighbors haha!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Constructive Attitude said...

You should get REALLY thick rugs.

Andrea said...

Hello, Heckety! Just thinking of you, and I wanted to drop by and see how you are doing.

Hope all is well. The picture of the land is so very beautiful.

I saw a movie recently that was filmed in Ireland. I loved it!

Many blessings to you, dear friend.

Love,

Andrea

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

I LOVE your blog home! I am delighted that you joined in for the Thankful Thursday Meme over at my place on Thursday. Your TT list was so amazing.

Your pictures here are breathtaking and I'm so glad I came by for a visit. You are a gem and I'm glad I've met you.

P.S. I had a dog that began the whole playing with the rug thing, unfortunately, she then started chewing them up. Never did find a solution.

God Bless,
Sonya Lee

controlled chaos said...

p.s.
i wish i could quilt

controlled chaos said...

Hmm well i've never had a dog. And my cat doesn't rearrange things...so Um...i have no idea.

I know to keep my cat away from a certain area I wiped the area with vinegar. the smell is really bad for them. So you have to suffer from the smell for a bit but eventually they'll stay away.

Heckety said...

Dunking the rugs in vinegar? Hmmm...I'll need to consider that one...if you smell an odd smell next time you stop by you'll know why...!!!
Or, how's about putting the vinegar on the dogs, and then they'll think everything smells and stay away from the rugs? (Was that a really Irish thing to say?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...