Tuesday 13 October 2009

An Outing

Today the folks went to Enniskillen (Northern Ireland) for the day so I hitched a ride too. We did various bits of shopping and I got a pair of summer trousers in M&S, not much use at present, but you never know what the weather will be like next summer!

Tell you a funny story about Enniskillen: Back in 2002 (I think) when B was eight (I think) my older sister went to work for the summer at Glacier Bay in Alaska. There was a lot of chat about it,postcards, looking at photos, and some of the family went out to visit her, more photos etc. At the end of the summer, about the time she was due home I took the girls to Enniskillen for the day. B was good as gold for hours of shops and errands and then suddenly mid-afternoon she burst into tears in the middle of the grocery store! I was horrified and we all crowded round asking what was the matter? She finally wailed: 'If this is Alaska I want to see W (my older sister)!'
Talk about crossed wires! Just shows you how small people can misunderstand things too. It took some explaining, but ever since then, Enniskillen has been referred to as Alaska!

So today I went shopping in Alaska!

7 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Really cute post! I never knew that there were two Alaskas!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Cilla said...

Excellent anecdote. alaska isn't so far away after all!

Sandra said...

What a cute story; glad it turned out well.

Constructive Attitude said...

you live in ireland?????????

Elaine said...

I hope you enjoyed your Alaska shopping trip! It's interesting how kids can get things so mixed up--oh, wait, adults can do that too. I've been guilty on occasion.

Micki said...

What a cute story!It is funny how people can get things all mixed up!
Micki

Heckety said...

Ireland or Alaska- whichever I choose on any particular day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...