Wednesday 28 October 2009

To sleep or not to sleep - that is the question...

As I woke about 2am and was fed up lying in the dark making mental 'To Do' lists, I got up this morning at 4.15! After a leisurely HOT cup of tea I set to on the kitchen and got lots of chores done before the Hub's alarm went off at 5.15am. It was so peaceful and productive, and I enjoyed ploughing through the 'Jobs Waiting' list.

Afterwards I drove the Hub to work in the pitch dark, and was home again by 6am and in the shower. I love towns and cities at night, or in the early morning before the beast wakes and starts to roar. Years ago the Coast bus used to arrive in Nairobi about 4am and the last hour of driving round the city delivering people was interesting. The street lights made the place exciting and hid the grime, I know it hid all sorts of other things too, but on the surface it was beautiful. And this morning driving through Finisklin Industrial area had a similar feeling for me.

Anyhow: I made muesli (lots of chopping and mixing), the Hub's packed breakfast and lunch, folded and delivered dry laundry and hung two loads of wet washing, put away yesterday's groceries (yeh, yeh, should have been done yesterday I know), figured out a quilt pattern I want to make (after the one I'm about to begin today), put beans on to soak for later cooking as there may be company to lunch, watered the plants (I've a LOT!) (and myself, accidentally), and am now drinking my second cup of HOT tea and writing to you!

Its going to be a long day, I think...

Last night I decided to try and upload some of my hand-made bags to ebay to sell. 'Try' being the operative word! Two hours' work and then I did something silly and lost it all. Clever huh? Well I thought I'd try again later, and if I succeed I'll have a celebratory cup of tea!!!

4 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Can't wait to see what you post on Ebay! Send us the link when you get it up and going.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

ladydi said...

I hope you get time for a nap later, after getting off to such an early start! It does feel good to accomplish something instead of trying to go back to sleep. I do the same sometimes. . . and just when I'm trying to be soooo quiet so I don't awaken the family, I drop a pan or something. Being cautious must make me clumsy. :>}

Sandra said...

I love the early morning hours when it seems all mankind is asleep and only creation is awake. The sky was lovely, about that time today, and I could see the Milky Way thrown out across heaven like glistening diamonds. Awesome!

Constructive Attitude said...

I love it when busy cities are quiet and calm. Its relaxing and enjoyable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...