Friday 11 May 2012

Thank You for the Reminder!

I was visiting cyberbuddies earlier and came across Gran's quote by Erma Bombeck. Its about looking back on one's life without regrets- do pop over and read it? Even though you probably know it well, its one of those 'life quotes' it is good to remember.

I came across it years ago when the girls were little, and I decided then and there that as a mother I would be able to look back and have no regrets. Believe it or not (!) I do think its one thing I have achieved. Despite not always being well, or even able to leave the house to go to all their 'doings', I have thoroughly enjoyed and made the most of them...and continue to do so...which is why I love having all their friends around too.

I think I'm lucky that I learned that lesson so early because I have all the memories and experiences that matter....for instance....

At this moment Eldest is doing yoga on the kitchen floor whilst discussing the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1921 with Youngest...who is trying to do a Vulcan mind-meld with Wily Coyote (Eldest's Boyfriend) who is a History man...Middlest says she is updating her CV but I'm pretty sure she is watching Game of Thrones online. And if the Fluffster doesn't move soon he's going to cut off the electric supply to the laptop! Youngest has decided that Small Smell should learn to read, but even for a dog I think that starting reading with a political document is pushing the boundaries somewhat!

Life as we know it!

Lucky me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...