Wednesday 16 September 2009

Misc. and B's asthma

What is it between dogs and postmen? Yet again I am outside my skin because the dogs went ballistic when the post arrived...aargh! And why do I jump out of my skin nearly every morning? Shouldn't I learn?

Last night I had a bat in my bedroom which was a bit odd. I know there are a lot around at twilight but they don't normally enter the house. Anyhow I opened the bathroom window wide, and the curtain, willed the bat in there, then shut the door and left it to find its own way out! It was gone by this morning.

Lovely bright breezy day today, cool, but end-of-summer-cool rather than middle-of-autumn-cool!

I had a bit of a fright this morning when B arrived downstairs greenish-blue and strugling to breathe, it was just an asthma attack on top of a bad cold. Straight to the doctor so now she's on steroids and triple her usual asthma medication. But the thing which has me bothered is that the doctor and pharmacist said she was to be kept away from possible swine flu, as with her present asthmatic state it could be disasterous. The school say they have no cases of s.f. but the students say there are two, one of them being a good friend of B's. Catch 22. Obviously my daughter's health is more important than her schoolwork, but why keep her out of school longer than necessary, especially since this is one of the crucial exam years. Oh Quandary....

So here I sit with B on the sofa wrapped up in 'Quiltey' (I know she's pretty poorly when 'quiltey' comes downstairs), and trying not to fuss. Making her eat enough to prevent her stomach re-acting to the medication is the worst at present.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

That's very hard to deal with. My oldest son has asthma, he's 44 now, but I went through a few traumatic times with him when he was young. To have to worry about the swine flu complication just makes it much worse. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Micki said...

The Swine Flu is such a worry....I hear that the vaccine will be available in October for our country. I used to have asthma years ago, so I do empathize.
Micki

Heckety said...

Thank you for yor support.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...