Thursday 3 September 2009

Random Dozen 'Meme'

http://2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com/
I saw this yesterday at Melanie's place, and read several people's answers. It looked really fun, so I thought I'd do it this morning and then go back to the Lid and read her own answers. ( Did I just get a 'link' sorted rightly there? If so, first time!)
So then!

1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
Well, we have Tesco or Dunnes here...Soya Milk! I hate neat tea and drink tea all day every day, mostly rooibos, so soya milk is essential.
2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate?
I would have said digital cameras a few months ago but since starting to blog I'm really enjoying digital photography. Dishwashers. The Hub insisted on getting a friend's old one and I just don't see the point- it takes up space, its noisy, it floods sometimes, and it doesn't even get the crockery properly clean. Its a real pain, and then you have to empty the darn thing and re-wash half the dishes.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about?
Hedgerows, countryside, changing seasons and colours, the smell of weather coming across the valley, salt on the wind when there's a westerly, wild flowers, puddles, sunshine on black clouds,the sound of water after rain...that looks like different things but its not!
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
The Carpenters 'I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation...'
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
Salad Cream, but mayonaisse will do.
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
Keep posting regularly, even just a photo or one-liner, so that people continue to visit.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
My second name is Deirdre, but it could have been 'Doris' after my Granny. She was a wonderful Granny, but I really don't like that name, though the shortened form 'Dorrie' I do like.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
To discover why I'm here, and why I wasn't given Liam Neeson or Richard Harris or Colin Farrell as a husband.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
Books- Amazon. Need I say more?
10. Today--what song represents you?
'I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair!' from South Pacific, oh yes!
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
I'm not sure since I've had to become very self-aware over years of severe depression, mental problems, living in the african bush without seeing anyone for weeks at a time, rearing difficult children and being unable to work outside the house for more than about two months without becoming very ill, and therefore being a drain on parents, in-laws, and most of all the Hub.
I think perhaps blogging is teaching me to laugh more at circumstances beyond my control. If you can laugh things don't hurt so much or weigh so heavily. I wish I could laugh at myself, perhaps that will come?
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today?
Plaid flannel shirt, thick wool cardigan and jeans. Unfortunately I absentmindedly put on sandals and went out in torrential rain, so my feet are cold and wet, and I hate having wet feet.
What do they say about me? I dunno but I always a plaid shirt on difficult days, and this is a hard one. Comfort perhaps?

So there it is! I think its a fun conglomeration of questions, and now I'm off to see what Linda wrote!

Have I got links sorted? I'm not sure I have.

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Absolutely wonderful answers!

Sometimes I share the same feelings about dishwashers, but I got a new one, and it's much better.

#3: Where you are it would be wonderful scenery. It is flat here (Indiana).

#4: I sing this all of the time! It's an easy melody, isn't it, and so sweet.

#6: Very good advice.

#11: Wow. Your life has had some ups, downs, twists, and turns. About 13 years ago, I was depressed and it took a couple of years to come out of it. One of the reasons I love the song, "I Can See Clearly Now." I love to laugh, too. Much of my blog is kind of silly.

#12: Really insightful. I think flannel is a comfort fabric, too. Maybe we associate it with pj's, as well. I hope that today you have a great day.

Nice to meet you, and thanks for playing along!

Little Ms Blogger said...

I never hear of Salad Cream....

#11 - I'm sorry for what you've gone through (I'm hoping it's mostly in your past).

About laughing at one's self, it can be done. Just let go of being serious in any given situation and you'll laugh.

Constructive Attitude said...

LOL i thought I was the only one that had the squeaky cart EVERY SINGLE time i went to walmart. that place is evil!

Micki said...

I am glad that blogging had such a profound effect on you, and that it as helped you be more positive about life. Depression is very hard, I know...I wish you the best. Laughing is a wonderful remedy for most things.
Micki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...