Wednesday 18 November 2009

Out of Context

I saw this picture on eBay-isn't it hilarious?
This morning in School was good. The children are enjoying preparing the Christmas Music and classes almost sing themselves. This is the good time, when they are excited, and before they become too tired. The weather continues to be terrible so music and art projects are particularly popular just now.
Earlier in class one of the children asked a question and another teacher looked at him as though he had two heads. It made me think about things said during Class and how, taken out of context, some comments appear really bizarre. Here are a few examples:
Will we breathe?
Who is counting?
Will we start at the beginning?
I've lost my volume control!
Somebody ate my sheet!
Sorry but we forgot to stop.
I think I swallowed my word endings.
Do we need our pencils to sing?
(this last is my favourite, I forget what its called grammatically, but it arose from me not allowing them to write on their music sheets in Biro!)

Aren't they great? Sometimes School is such a tonic!

By the way, I just noticed that this is my 100th post! If I'd noticed earlier I might have had a celebration. I'll think of something for another significant number!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Those quotes from your classroom are interesting and out of context would certainly seem bizarre!
I, too missed my 100th post on both my blogs. I hope to remember to celebrate both blogs upcoming 1st birthdays.
Congratulations on your blog. Keep it up!
Blessings and hugs, andrea

Heart2Heart said...

Love all those wonderful kids and the beautiful things you have shared that they have said. Just hearing their voices would be enough to lift me out of my deepest slum!

Congratulations on your 100th post! WOO HOO! Loving the fact that each day, I learn just a little bit more about your life.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Micki said...

Loved your post and congrats on your 100th post!
Micki

Connie said...

I enjoyed the humor I found on your blog!

ladydi said...

I love these questions, especially "will we breathe?" and "do we need our pencils to sing?" I took a quilt class last month where the teacher said, "Don't forget to breathe!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...