Thursday 26 November 2009

Thankful Thursday

Firstly Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating today! I know it means a lot to many people so I hope its a good day for yez all!

I wondered about skipping the Thankfuls this week as its been difficult and I didn't think I could come up with anything much or honestly mean it, and if I can't be nice I prefer to be silent. But I thought hard and I have managed to come up with five Thankfuls, and, what's more, I feel the better for it. I guess Sonja knew she was doing what God wanted when she started this!


1. I'm thankful for friends who encourage. This week especially, its been you bloggifriends who have helped keep me going. Thank you so much!

2. Thankful that Sos did the washing up last night- since starting College she seems to think chores are for other people so this was major!
3. Thankful for a dry-ish sunny-ish day today- I'd almost forgotton what the hills look like...
4. Thankful for the beauty of the countryside in Winter. It's bleak, but the colours are so beautiful, also the shapes of the trees when there are no leaves.
5. Thankful that we have a freezer and that there is food in it for the evenings I'm too tired or despondant to cook a proper meal. We are lucky to have food stored, many many people don't have that luxury I know.
Is she ever right!

5 comments:

sarah said...

funny I too was not going to do this this week. But then decided to do it. I'm glad you did and I'm glad I did. Thanks Heckity for sharing these list. I am really grateful to Sonya for her willingness to do this. Blessings. Sarah

Brookie said...

Congratulations on seeing the thankfulness through the trials. I pray today God provides a thankful heart well above what your expecting or hoping.

Gran said...

I wrap my arms around you and whisper in your ear, "there will be better days." I am thankful that I know this and know that even the strong ones in the flock need a hug and someone to say, "Yes, you stubbed your toe while climbing that mountain, I will sit with you a little while as you take a few breaths, get over the pain, and then give you a hug as you turn upward and carry on." It is a blessing to me to have you as a blogging friend.

Hugs

Jane's Art said...

It is a decisions and you did a good job with it this week!! I love the way TT does force me to look for thanks even when I don't feel like it.

ladydi said...

I am thankful for blogging friends! It is such a delight to visit people all over the world, and know that when it comes down to it, we are all the same. Frail humans, relying on God for our strength.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...