Sunday 22 November 2009

Who is on the Lord's side?

This morning our Minister spoke about the Kingship of Jesus and our place in the Kingdom. We were missing a number of the congregation as 'Sligo Rovers' were due to play in the FAI Cup Final this afternoon and they had gone to Dublin. The Dean observed that no one is slow to announce their affiliation to sports teams, but do we stand up and yell our support for the Jesus Players? His tag line for this week was- 'Stand up and be counted!' Will we? Can we?

In the words of the old hymn: (one of my favourites)
Who is on the Lord's side?
Who will serve the King?
Who will be His helpers,
Other lives to bring?

Which follows on from some articles I was reading yesterday about being oneself rather than a faint imitation of someone else, finding one's own voice and style, in the words of Shakespeare-
'This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.'
Hamlet.
Good advice past, present and future, but not so easy to stick to. I'm trying to find my own style of crafting, and I know I struggle with a 'voice' when I write. Still, something to work on!
This afternoon I found a website to design Banners, so I've been having great fun both on my two blogs and my Etsy shop- have a look! Its a bit like instant jigsaws!

4 comments:

Cilla said...

Wow, love the banner maker.. and your banners!
Must have a play!

Micki said...

Yes, I have always followed being true to what I believe. I loved your post!
Micki

collettakay said...

Great post.

This is me routing on the JESUS PLAYERS!!!! Gooo!!!

ladydi said...

Yes, let's all stand up for Jesus, and while we're at it, stand up for ourselves as well. I have learned that if you don't stand up for yourself, who will?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...