Monday 26 July 2010

Time Out!

Helloooooo! Did ya miss me?? Was it all very quiet on the western front? Did you think I'd gone with the wind?
Well fear no more as I'm back! Not that I actually went anywhere but the Hub was on leave for two weeks and since it was two years since he'd spent leave with us I didn't want to miss time with him.
Bit pathetic after 22 years of marriage but there it is.

The girls have been around a lot, which is lovely, so there has been much racket and feasting- I'd forgotten the continual snacking when there's a houseful! Constant trails of breadcrumbs- I tell you, Hansel and Gretel had nothing on my crew!
Also Youngest has taken a vow of non-cleanliness and declared every day National Pyjama Day so the creative insults have been fairly flying...

I've done loads of work in the garden too, and the Hub has cleared more of the jungle. Even Youngest spent an afternoon building a stone wall across a new flowerbed. I've planted tree seedlings and basically the place is starting to look like someone lives here, rather than a neglected dump-site!!

So nothing exciting, apart from a brief excursion to Boyle for lawn-mower parts, just time out. Much needed time out though!!

I hope yous are all well, and I'll get caught up on your newses over the week!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Everyone needs some time away from computers some time, and blogging can become a bit of a tyrant sometimes can't it. I hope you're still getting the same lovely weather as we are, though some rain wouldn't go amiss.

Soggibottom said...

It was a bit spooky as you were so quiet :-) for a change :-) x x x

collettakay said...

I was away on vacation so I'm glad I didn't miss much!

Elaine said...

Taking a vacation at home is a great way to recharge. Sounds like you put it to good use.

Kathy said...

Sounds like you were getting a lot accomplished in the garden. We were planning to take off for a trip to Niagara Falls, but have changed our plans to go somewhere closer after we had to pay a big car repair bill.

ladydi said...

It sounds delightful. I had to laugh about the breadcrumbs. It sounds so familiar! Glasses, cups, and mugs everywhere except the cupboard where they belong. :>} I think it's wonderful, not pathetic, that you want to spend time with your hubby while he's home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...