Sunday 27 December 2009

Catch Up!

I came to a rather abrupt halt on 15th December when I woke up unwell, but by the grace of God, and nothing else, managed to get through all the Carol Services, School and Churches for the rest of the week. I'm told they all went well but since I felt awful and couldn't hear from one ear I have to take their word for it!

Monday 21st I went to the Doctor who agreed that I was sick!! After a week of antibiotics, ibuprofen, and a bunch of other stuff the old system has been beaten into submission and I begin to return to the land of humans! Anyhow I played in Church all the services I had to, even though Christmas Dinner was left totally to Mom.

Christmas Day with the Dean giving out the children's presents, after they had each shown him what they got from Santa!
Christmas Day about 9.45am- Walking to get the car from the cow-byre where it was left all week due to the ice and snow up our lane way in order to get to Church.
Sunrise Christmas morning.
Christmas Eve the sun shone and the countryside was just beautiful.
Every so often freezing fog rolled up the valley, which made it look kind of like the Swiss Alps! We had great fun taking photos.
The snow is melting now, the water pipes have thawed so we have water again, and we pranged the car coming home from Church this morning, for the second time this week, wedging it sideways across the lane. The Hub managed to dig it out and slide it down the lane to a wide verge to dump it, but a neighbour did the same thing further up the lane and her car is stuck until the ice melts, as is the neighbour's tractor.
How people manage whole winters of this sort of weather beats me.




5 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so sorry you have been ill. I pray you are fully restored, soon. It sounds like a real adventure with the snow. We had about 10 inches a week ago, but it has all melted, now.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Jane's Art said...

So glad you're better, was wondering what was up. Looks like you had an adventerous Christmas!
Tomorrow is Shea's birthday, can't wait to share those pictures!!

ladydi said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better, and it's good to hear the music went well. The way we get through whole winters of snow is two words. Road salt. The road crews do an outstanding job of keeping the roads driveable, for which I am very thankful.

Amanda said...

What a shame to be ill over Christmas time, hope you're on the mend now. We didn't have a lot of snow here, but our road was thoroughly iced up; our neighbours had to go down the road backwards because it was so slippery. We just stayed in.

Ulla said...

I hope you are feeling better again! Our way of coping with the winter: ploughing the roads in order of importance, grit or salt, winter tyres for the cars (spikes or friction tyres), snow shovels in every car and every house. And of course warm clothes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...