Thursday 31 December 2009

And to finish 2009...

We've just been watching a partial Lunar Eclipse. I think it is always amazing to watch any type of Eclipse , you can understand why the ancients might have been really worried when they happened. Last night there was a fresh, fairly heavy, fall of snow on the mountains. The roads were icy nearly the whole day as the temperature hardly rose above freezing. At least the wind has died down. These are the books I am planning to read in the coming year- they are not all mine and most are secondhand, but they are all on my 'thatlooksinteresting' list! The four books at the lower lefthand corner are on the bedside table at present, the rest I put there as I sorted.
Dilly and Sos are off to a Masked Ball at their favourite venue in town and spending the night at Mum and Dad's, and B is spending the evening with a friend whose folks are having a party. I'm trying to tidy all my sewing so I at least begin the year organised!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!
You have a lot of books to read!!
xxoo

Pam said...

Interesting that you should be watching a partial lunar eclipse, when way down here we were all watching a full Blue Moon! Isn't Mother Nature amazing?
By my reckoning, you need to be reading 3 to 4 books a month to make it through all those within the year!! Good luck! :^)

Pam said...

P.S. Sorry, also meant to wish you all the best for the New Year! :)

ladydi said...

I love to read, too! No matter how busy I am, I read for at least ten minutes a day, usually more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...