Yesterday was a holiday here, being St Patrick's Day, and 'here' being the home of the Saint!
1. Thankful for the Holiday- I love a good holiday!
2. Thankful that St. Patrick heeded the call of God and returned to Ireland to convert the heathen and tell out God's Holy Word. Where would we be if he hadn't?
3. Thankful that aspects of our national character (hospitality, generosity to strangers, welcome) still owes a lot to the centuries of Christianity which was the result of Patrick's Missionary zeal. We're still enough of a rebellious, bigoted, murdering nation as it is, so I guess God's intervention through His Saint was timely!
4. Thankful that the Cathedral Organ behaved yesterday for the Service- as several of you said it likely would! We belted out the hymns in rare style...sure weren't we competing against the Pipe Bands gathering for the Parade?
5. This is utterly different: Thankful for the courage to go the next step and start a 'facebook' site for my Shop. Dilly and Sos have leapt at the chance to add to and play with it and its turning into a fun thing already...once I had reassured them that it was ONLY for my shop, and not to spy on them all...
And there you have it!