Thursday 25 March 2010

Thankful Thursday

Thursday doesn't just creep around; it leaps out at me, waving its hands and yelling 'I'm here! I'm here!' Does anyone else find this?
And that's a statement of fact, not a Thankful, just so's you know...

1. Thankful that Spring is slowly arriving. There are a few brave blossoms on the trees and some hardy daffs out, as well as the pussy willow I found at the Port.
2. Thankful for SURPRISES! Yesterday I got home late afternoon to find a parcel from Kat!
A novel set in Scotland, some note papers (one post-its and the other with a magnet back so it doesn't get lost!) and the kindest note! Amid all her health problems and she has time to be thinking of me? You are SOME FRIEND Kat!! And please could yez all pray for her today although her surgery should be done by now?
3. Thankful that my clivea is flowering:
Each year when the clivea flowers I get so excited, don't know why! Such beautiful flowers, they were rare enough in East Africa, even rarer here, so I guess its just the miracle of it!

4. Thankful for my crazy children...this is what BBug and I found on the breakfast table yesterday....
...a Theater prop, but a truly disgusting artifact for the breakfast table...Sos had got up early to finish it before having her shower...(she's living here this week as she's been ill again).
EURGH!
5. Thankful for a long phone chat with Dilly last night- they are rare enough. She had been working as Technical Assistant on the lights in the Theater all day as there were five short plays being performed for end of term assignments. She'd enjoyed herself but said that the nerves of student Directors and actors were very frayed. At one point whilst setting up the third (I think) piece, things got so fraught that she simply yelled 'BLACKOUT!' and flicked off the main lighting switch! Can you imagine?! She said that 10 seconds in the pitch dark restored every one's humour!!
6. Thankful for my car- its small, old, temperamental, breaks down from time to time, gets used like a pack-horse, has the mentality of an Army Bedford truck, and gives me a measure of independence.
And that's about it for this week!
Check out the Inspiring Music Challenge if you feel so inspired! (at end of post)
Have a good day folks!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Your clivea is absolutely lovely, I can imagine just what a joy it is when it flowers. As for music, I've finally got round to it. For me, it has to be anything by Mozart, especially the requiem, at top volume. I've chosen the Lacrimosa for you to listen to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkT07TP-mo

Andrea said...

What an awesome thank you list! Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Susan R. Mills said...

I'm so thankful it's almost spring too. I can smell it in the air, and it makes me smile.

Jane's Art said...

OK that boot is gross....especially at the table...what a boring morning that must have been, LOL!

Constructive Attitude said...

that shoe looks likea work of art. send it to a museum! and i love this idea of thankful thursdays. :)

Jingle said...

Once again, you have much to be thankful for! These posts are such a joy to read!

Micki said...

It is wonderful that spring is coming. I hope that it stays with us much longer than last year.
Micki

Trishia said...

Great idea of Dilly's about that 10 second blackout! Smart thinking:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...