Thankful Thursday strikes again! I'm thankful to Greg for continuing to host this...or maybe I should say 'hosta' this since he's so into gardening!!
If you'd like to join in, please do? I think its a good thing to count one's blessings regularly, it certainly helps me to focus on things positive.
And this week's Thankfuls are:
1. Thankful that my 'away girls' still like to ring regularly and update me on the main events in their lives, some good, some not so, but I just am glad they like to chat. They are always and continuously such a gift to me.
2. Thankful that Youngest's State Exams are over- Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! and you can put away the ammunition now...We survived by the skin of our teeth and can start the real business of the Summer now: Doing Nothing!!!!
3. Thankful that the Primary Schools shut this week- last Assembly and farewell to 6th Class yesterday. Its always kinda sad to say goodbye to them but its such a small town that I regularly see past students around in the shops and that, and generally accost them for their latest news! And to give them their due- they are almost always kind enough to stop and share the scuttlebutt! Being a Teacher has its delights!
4. Thankful that its the Summer Hols and now we can drift for two months without School and College deadliness and 'must-do' frantic tearing about.
5. Thankful for my garden- its still a jungle to the 'untrained' eye but I get so much enjoyment from working outside in it and planning what to plant where and how it will look. I once read that a packet of seeds is the ultimate in optimism, but to me growing things is a statement of faith in my God-
He has provided-
He does provide-
He will provide-
Doubt never raises its ugly head in my garden.
Any blessings you want to share?