Monday 14 June 2010

Of Knicker Lace and Jar Jar Binks

Rummaging for rickrack in one of my boxes I found this:
It looks like posh knicker lace to me...where on earth did I come by it?

I was trying to design a nice Rabbit for the shop but this was what I ended with...everyone says it looks like...
..... Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars. Unintentional, really. D'you think there would be a new career for me designing Star Wars soft toys?
Hmmm...think I'll keep the day job awhile yet...
I was trying out a stripey shopping tote from the more boring fabric pieces I dyed. Not particularly wonderful, in my opinion:
I think the colours are missing something, and I think perhaps I shouldn't combine just home dyed fabrics, some prints are needed, or something...any opinions?

5 comments:

collettakay said...

I think your tote would look great with some applique or emroidery to really stand out against the home dyed fabrics.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Amanda said...

Love the rabbit. Perhaps you could add some of the lace to the bag? Then you could put it in your shop as a knicker bag.

Griselda Pugh said...

Some brightly coloured buttons would be lovely on the bag. You rabbit is groovy, he reminds me of Dylan in the Magic Roundabout all those years ago.

Janet said...

I think you need a little knicker lace on your bag. :)

Jingle said...

Oh, I LOVE that rabbit! He is quirky and fabulous!!!!! I think your tote is cute, too, personally. But I LOVE that rabbit!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...