Tuesday 26 January 2010

Is My Letterbox Too Small?

Please click on this to visit my 'One World One Heart' post!

D'you remember the opening lines of 'The Journey of the Magi' (TS Elliot):

'A cold coming we had of it,
Just the worst time of the year
For a journey, and such a long journey:
The ways deep and the weather sharp,
The very dead of winter.'
On bitterly frosty mornings like today those lines come to mind and I am so thankful for my warm house.

This is irrelevant to everything else but I have to show you B's Doc Martins! The whole family put money in for them as her Christmas present, are they ace?
Actually the Dean rather fancied them too, said he had a similar pair as a youth and would she consider swapping?! Well our Rector is a little eccentric!

Several things I recently ordered arrived in the post- be VERY JEALOUS people!
These are from The Gypsy Cove:
...buttons and beads and pendants, and lovely packaging! I tell you, this was RESTRAINED, even though the Hub was horrified at my spending, I could have ordered a LOT more!
These vintage papers are from ARTicles by Teresa:
...and I'm going to have a lovely time deciding how to use them. The words are amusing and just fun. Definitely a card or two, and maybe I'll frame one...
Isn't this the cutest little bag from Nics Knots? Micki would love it for her sock knitting!
I've got my crochet in it at present, but it could be used for all sorts of small projects or collections. Actually I bought this and Teresa's papers from the HeartsforHaiti Shop which has so far raised $16,500.00 for Medecins Sans Frontiers working in Haiti. I've also been knitting wrist warmers for them to sell, so much funding is needed just now for those people.
And do visit the 'One World One Heart' Giveaway from yesterday and click on the logo to visit LOTS of interesting folks! Its fun!

3 comments:

Gran said...

Ah, the dead of winter -
ours had been dark and wet,
with a spattering of hail last week.
We survive with hope
of a raised water table,
and carry on.

Hugs to warm your heart.

houndini said...

What BEAUTIFUL buttons! - I intend to go check out her Etsy shop right now - Many thanks - Al x

SisterlyLove said...

Thanks for stopping by our doll blog! :) We would love to see your mom's and grandma's dolls! As you can tell we are a little obsessed!

Ooh! Those things you ordered are just gorgeous!! The packaging from the Gypsy Cove is beautiful. We need to work on that for our Etsy shop I think... :) Love those cards too. What fun!!

Anyway, thanks again. Lovely blog.

Genevieve

P.S. Those Doc Martin's are amazing. ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...