Thursday 14 January 2010

Thankful Thursday!

Is it Thursday yet? Ah yes! Please click over to Sonja to join or read...

'To God be the glory! Great things he has done!
So loved he the world that he gave us his Son;
who yielded his life an atonement for sin,
and opened the life gate that all may go in.'1. Thankful for all the hymn writers over many hundred years who have given us extra words with which to celebrate, rejoice, give thanks, plead, worship, mourn, inspire...So many people who never open the Bible remember the words of hymns, and if that's what it takes to bring them home, that's good too. This is my (covered) somewhat battered Hymnal, precious to me.

2. Thankful Sos came home unexpectedly last night so we could sit down as a whole family to a VERY ROWDY supper, no one wanted to leave the table we were having such a good time. The chat was fairly flying, as were the insults! Today Dilly leaves for Dublin, work tomorrow night and College Monday so we likely won't see her again until the end of April.3. Thankful that I can recycle old clothes and cloth to keep crafting and stay occupied. Even in the lean times there is always something to do.


4. Thankful, VERY Thankful for all you guys who are kind enough to write comments and ideas for me. Since Christmas I am battling once more with the depression, panic about going out of the house, and terribly jangled nerves, and to sit down at my computer and 'talk' to people is more of a blessing than you kindly people will ever know. I am just so thankful to yous.5. Thankful to my 'Heath Robinson' Hub who has kept us in water and firewood through the last three weeks of frozen pipes and below freezing temperatures. Very ingenious for a little African boy brought up in the Bush!


P.S. See the world map on the sidebar?

And all those dots around South America?

I do declare that my Travelling Sister is checking up on me!

7 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

I am simply loving all your creative ideas. I will be emailing you today about crafting a pair of wrist warmers for me, so be on the look out.

I love the plaid scraps of fabric you are salvaging and can't wait to see what wonderful things you create from it.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

storyteller said...

What a lovely illustrated gratitude list ... I'm always grateful for visitors to my blogs and have made many virtual friends through blogging. I especially enjoyed #1 on your list for I find myself humming hymns often. When I stop to think about the words I'm amazed at how the verses contain answers to the questions of my heart, mind and spirit. I keep gratitude lists regularly but have only just discovered Thankful Thursday. It's nice to meet you.
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

sarah said...

great list. love the intro with the words to that song... Sarah

Nana Jul said...

Being Thankful for what we've been given, and reading others lists is so uplifting!!
Music...really helps me to Praise, and sometimes puts words to what I'm feeling inside!
Music is so wonderful!
And so is your list!
Julie

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

I love your list! Amen!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

You are so crafty! That is a gift from God. I love the pictures you've posted. Glad you had such a fun dinner with family. Making memories!

Jane's Art said...

Great list!
So glad y'all got to have a fabulous rowdy dinner before Dilly has to return to Dublin.
And girl I don't know what I would do without my Mr. Handyman around my house....especially today when the drain pipe under the sink decided to burst!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...