Another Thankful Thursday and a chance to appreciate our blessings.
1. Thankful for our dentist! Dilly has two front teeth again, albeit temporary, so she can return to College on Tueaday to finish classes and exams.
2. Thankful for the time in Hazelwood yesterday afternoon, the forest was so peaceful and the time out with Dilly was good too.
3. Thankful for my folks' hoarding tendencies! Dad produced a 'spare' walking stick for Dilly and she is getting around much better now and falling over less. Also I've noticed that people notice the stick and give her space and hold doors for her, which is handy as she can't do doorhandles, and pushing.
4. Thankful for more sunshine and the leaves finally bustin' out all over! (Where's that quote from?? C'mon!)
5. This is rather different: I'm thankful for brave people who go out to see how it is in distant parts of our World and bring the information home to us so that we can understand how life is for others. There's want, need, distress, bravery, endurance, heroism and much else out there we need to be aware of. You never know when you will impact someone else.
Nicholas D. Kristof is one such person.
And finally Happy Earth Day to everyone!
Its a beautiful planet we've been given to mind!