Tuesday 13 April 2010

It Came To Pieces In Me Hand...

Isn't lovely weather such a blessing?
Marey Horse would NOT come out from behind the tree to have her photo taken, she just hid and humphed!
I really want to thank you all for both your sympathy and encouragement over Dilly, yesterday. I've been reading everything I can about Fibromyalgia and am feeling a little better informed as to what it involves. Your encouragement is also helping me to be more positive and I appreciate your comments very much!
She also had her laptop stolen from the Theater last Wednesday, so yesterday evening my Dad lent us the money and he, Dilly and the Hub went and bought her a replacement. It means she can come home to study and write assignments instead of having to sit in the computer room at College, just a small thing. I think its perhaps the small things that will make a difference. Today we have to go buy her some good sandals with support as her ankles are terribly sore and she hobbles.
There is definitely SOMETHING nesting in our ruin, but I can't see what though I keep creeping out to investigate.
I've neglected the pansies and just look! Neglect obviously suits them!
And the polyanthus are flowering by the front door- polyanthus or primulas? I never can remember.
I seem to have forgotten to turn the photos around, but sure flowers is flowers whichever way up you view'em! Also by the front door this morning I saw this beautiful moth:
Isn't camouflage amazing? Take elephants, for example, you'd think they were too large to hide, but in dappled shade they are virtually invisible. The same for zebras, and cheetah and leopard are even worse, you can be practically staring one in the eye and miss it. Well I know a moth is slightly smaller, but the same principle applies!

Yesterday it was so warm and sunny that on the way into town I got Dilly to wind open the car sunroof. Lovely! Then I asked her to fold the handle away and...somehow the whole mechanism...came away...sort of...in her hand...and she sat there and remarked in a VERY casual tone 'Oh Dear.'
We laughed so much I had to pull off the road to get my breath back and wipe my eyes! Considering how many mishaps occur in her vicinity I just don't understand how ANYONE in their right mind trusts her with Theater Lights, or anything else!
Then on the way home, with two bicycles on the carrier, something came loose and the Hub had to stop and fix the whole yoke back onto the car. There was a lamb in the field next to where we stopped:
...making the most UNHOLY row, but very friendly. Dilly and BBug were mortified that I got out of the car to talk to it, but it was rather cute.
Travelling Sister was telling some saga this morning over the coffee cups and when we'd all finished laughing Mom asked: 'Do you think that as a family we are very easily amused? Or do amusing things just happen to us?'
I dunno but judging by Dilly and the Winder, amusing things sure do happen!!

14 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

I love that you and your family have such a great sense of humor about life and take note of such simple but awesome things around you:)

Jane's Art said...

Easily amused is the way to go! Laughter is always the best medicine right??
My second son is the one who has the mishaps around here...I just shake my head......

Jingle said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying life no matter what it brings at the moment! That is fabulous!

Amanda said...

What a charade! I've had to wear 'sensible' shoes all my life because of weird feet and ankles, and these days I'm limited to boots and lace-ups, but the advantages are there for all to see. I don't have 'old' feet, or crooked toes and bunyans. And these days there are such cracking shoes around Dilly needn't have any worries about being sensible and comfortable as well as looking great.

Andrea said...

The little lamb is adorable. I embarrass my kids frequently. They have gotten use to it..lol!
Hugs, andrea

Susan R. Mills said...

Yes, amusing things seem to happen to you. I love that you guys enjoy it so much.

Mary Campbell said...

Love these pictures and learning about your life. I've always wanted to visit Ireland.

Heart2Heart said...

Just another day in the life for you there in Ireland and I am so loving it. Yes, I would have talked to the cute little lamb as well and just about anything else except the moth, pretty but I am OK with that being it.

Your flowers look amazing and spring is just beautiful there. Enjoy it all!


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Everyday Kathy said...

Yes lovely weather is such a blessing! We have had very rainy weather lately... I must remember that when all the endless sun that California is known for fills our summer!

Sorry and happy to hear about Dilly's diagnosis. It is good to know what you are up against, so knowing is good although it is a tough thing to deal with... particularly at such a young age. I believe a lot of progress in helping people with this disease has been made recently and the future should hold even more. I'm sure with an optimistic outlook, which you always seem to have!, will do wonders.

I wish her and you all the best!
Kathy

Elaine said...

You are doing your job if you embarrass your kids--even more so if no one else is around to see.

Everyone has odd things happen to them, but it's your outlook on life that makes them amusing. Some people take themselves way too seriously, and thus they are never amused, no matter what happens. Much better to be able to laugh at the difficulties that come along and find happiness and joy in the small things.

Elaine said...

You are doing your job if you embarrass your kids--even more so if no one else is around to see.

Everyone has odd things happen to them, but it's your outlook on life that makes them amusing. Some people take themselves way too seriously, and thus they are never amused, no matter what happens. Much better to be able to laugh at the difficulties that come along and find happiness and joy in the small things.

Robin said...

Your family does seem to find more to laugh about and enjoy than most, and what a blessing that is. I LOVED your story about your daughter and her friends climbing the Campanile to sunbathe - what a hoot.

I'm sure that things seem quite difficult right now but I have a strong feeling that many more lighthearted escapades will soon be brightening her days again.

Best wishes to you all as you learn what this new reality means for Dilly. Knowledge is power.

Deborah said...

Blessings to you and your family.
xxoo
Deborah

ladydi said...

By the time the 10th comment comes around it may sound a lot like the first nine. :>} I do love laughing with the family, and laughing about a broken car part is the only way to go. Crying won't fix it. Gorgeous flowers, nice view of your portion of the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...