Thursday 1 April 2010

Thankful Thursday


Today is Maundy Thursday.
Also known as Holy Thursday, is the Christian feast or holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter that commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles. It is the fifth day of Holy Week, and is preceded by Holy Wednesday and followed by Good Friday. (Wikipedia)

This week's Thankfuls concern Easter as we travel through Christ's Passion, Death and Resurrection- its a very intense time for Christians the world over.

1. Thankful that I live AC (after Christ!)

2. Thankful to live in a country with religious freedom and tolerance.

3. Thankful for God's Plan to save us from our sinful nature. 'For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.' John 3:16.

4. Thankful for Jesus' obedience to His Father- imagine if he'd changed his mind? "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42.

5. Thankful that we are an EASTER people! "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16.

And just as a footnote- this was yesterday, the haze isn't mist or poor focus, its blowing snow and hail:

Its melting now, but there's a very black sky to the north so there's likely more on the way!
Remember Resolution No.9 from yesterday (which Jane found so funny, huh!) ? Well I uploaded the first item yesterday evening- the summery appliqué table runner I was working on, so I fear I'm a little ahead of myself there, season-wise...!

9 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Will you be getting your feet washed?

I always felt badly for the priests that had to deal with my dad's feet. Sooooo gross.

Andrea said...

I am thankful for friends like you!
Hugs, andrea

Jane's Art said...

Love your number 5...Easter people. We should all remember that!!

Yay for your day 1 upload...I had decided in January to post 1 piece per week....no didn't happen, so You Go Girl!!

Amanda said...

We've been hearing on the weather forecast that things are pretty grotty over in Ireland, so hope it clears up soon. Yesterday we had rain, sun, sleet and snow, but today's a bit better, just the sun and the rain! Happy Easter to you and yours.

Jingle said...

Wow! That is some weather...is that normal for you guys this time of year? Thank you for the beautiful holy week reminders!

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Great list my friend. I am so thankful that Christ rose from the dead and that we can celebrate His resurrection!

Love, Beth

Heart2Heart said...

Loving your list for this Thankful Thursday and have to agree with you on all of those beautiful points you hit on so well. AMEN!

I am so proud of you as well for uploading a new item to your ETSY store so you are well on your way there. Can't wait to purchase more stuff from you.

Hope you stop by as I am hosting weekly giveaways now on my blog.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

ladydi said...

Ah yes, get out your Easter muffler and galoshes. :>} Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter, though it be unseasonably cold and snowy.

Micki said...

Happy Easter to you!
Micki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...