Today is Maundy Thursday.
Also known as Holy Thursday, is the Christian feast or holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter that commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles. It is the fifth day of Holy Week, and is preceded by Holy Wednesday and followed by Good Friday. (Wikipedia)
This week's Thankfuls concern Easter as we travel through Christ's Passion, Death and Resurrection- its a very intense time for Christians the world over.
1. Thankful that I live AC (after Christ!)
2. Thankful to live in a country with religious freedom and tolerance.
3. Thankful for God's Plan to save us from our sinful nature. 'For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.' John 3:16.
4. Thankful for Jesus' obedience to His Father- imagine if he'd changed his mind? "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42.
5. Thankful that we are an EASTER people! "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16.
And just as a footnote- this was yesterday, the haze isn't mist or poor focus, its blowing snow and hail:
Remember Resolution No.9 from yesterday (which Jane found so funny, huh!) ? Well I uploaded the first item yesterday evening- the summery appliqué table runner I was working on, so I fear I'm a little ahead of myself there, season-wise...!