Wednesday 29 June 2011

Creating a…Rainbow!

Last week I knitted this cushion front. I love things with rainbows on them, well, those of you who visit regularly know I love real rainbows too!

Anyhow, I wanted to try knitting a rainbow, and it was fun matching up the wools, but I think I got the indigo and violet choices wrong way around…

007

Anyhow, yesterday I sewed the back on to make the cushion cover, stuffed a scarf in to see if it was alright, looked out the window and saw:

002

,,,a rainbow!

Serendipity!

 

Actually, upon mature reflection I am not happy with the way it turned out. I’m going to rip the backing and redo it using denim instead of cotton, as it isn’t sitting properly. And whilst I’m at it I think I should undo the purple and mauve stripes and re-knit them in reverse order. Otherwise it will annoy me.

So far two of my children have tried to run off with it, but it is really intended for the Shop!!

 

This evening I’ve ended up with all three girls home, which is amazing…amazingly noisy!! The dogs have taken refuge at the other end of the house because the girls were making so much noise and clatter in the kitchen! Its SUCH fun when they are all here, I so love it!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm not certain that you have got it the wrong way round. Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) is the way I've always remembered it.

Terri Tiffany said...

It was good to hear from you!! You sound busy and happy still:) yay!! Love that you are keeping so busy with fun things!

Elaine said...

Love the serendipity of the rainbow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...