Wednesday 5 January 2011

About Water, sorta...

This is going to be one of the most disjointed posts ever, but there are several things on my mind so I thought if I wrote them down they would clarify...or at the least, I would so muddle you, dear readers, that we would all be disjointed together!! Makes us sound like a group of neglected dolls, doesn't it!!

There is a sort of mad line of thought here...mad? Heckety? You've gotta be kiddin' me!...

To start at the beginning, I am trying to make more of an effort to keep up with the 'Bible in a Year' readings, since sporadic wouldn't even begin to describe last year's progress.
So far, not good. I began on the 3rd (well, you saw how Jan 1st was for me...), and last night had to give up as the Hub was telling silly jokes and I couldn't concentrate (hey! do I get brownie points for spending quality time with him??)

ANYHOW, caught up this morning with a wonderful verse- shut your eyes and listen to this:

'If you had responded to my rebuke,
I would have poured out my heart to you
and made my thoughts known to you.'
Proverbs 1 v23.

The note says that this verse concerns God's wisdom. Wisdom is like a fountain whose words would pour out in great streams, constantly refreshing and strengthening us.
Isn't that a lovely mental image? I love fountains, and waterfalls, and streams and even the springs that seep through the ditches when it has rained a lot. Imagine if all that water was full of God's words and we cold stick our hands under to catch them, or our heads under to have our minds filled, or drink to be filled up!

Love it!

The next thought came when I opened the curtains and saw the rain pouring down, and another dark, grey day. Not that I mind, since I plan to do inside things today and Youngest is working her way through the boxed set of 'Hornblower' she got for Christmas, blood-thirsty child! And despite the snow, its been dry enough this winter and the rain is good.

But that's merely an observation, here's the thought:

I so want a poly tunnel for me veg...regular summer readers will know that I get a bit obsessed with 'me veg' when the weather is warmer...But the thing which has bothered me about a poly tunnel is all the watering necessary,which seems a contradiction in the usefulness of it?
I've been trying to work out how to collect the water and store it, but haven't come to a solution (you realise there'll be no buying fancy equipment here, its got to be constructed from either junk, or cheap stuff) and then BINGO!! I opened a Permaculture Magazine which had got buried under the Carol Service Music (yeah, yeah, and 'tidy' is my middle name...) and inside was the answer- an underneath reservoir! (Gallery's a bit tricky to navigate but worth it if you are interested- its 'greenhouse' you want.)

Whoop-di-doo!!

And the writer is in Scotland, so if it worked there it'll work here...now I need to work on the Hub, and then persuade the Calry Church-Warden that he'd love to come and dig a hole in our garden with his nifty little digger yoke!!!

And just to finish, here's a joke a visiting Organist told us on Sunday:
Definition of an 'expert':
an 'x' is a very small insignificant thing, and a 'spurt' is a drip of water under pressure.
Therefore, an 'expert' is an insignificant person under pressure!

Warned ya it was disjointed!!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

So then the rain that drips off the green house roof gets collected in an underground tank and you would use that runoff water for your plants? If that's it, I think it is a cool idea. Hope you can get one.

collettakay said...

I loved this post! I love all things water and like nothing more than sitting on a shore whether it be a lake, creek, yard pond, pool etc. and watching and listening to the water.

I love when it rains at night and it puts me to sleep like a lullaby. I love walking in the rain.

I love hot showers, long baths.

Loved your post on water.

Andrea said...

I always enjoy coming by here! I am truly blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for being you!
Hugs,
andrea

Amanda said...

The underneath reservoir looks like a great idea, but oh, such a lot of work to build.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...