Monday 30 August 2010

Just Diggin'

So there I was this afternoon, digging away quite happily in the hole which will hopefully become a pond (a very small pond!), and I pull out a rather large bone.

Huh? sez I to myself.

Dig some more and behold! another bone!

So I shout to the Hub asking if he put them here as a joke? Nope!

So I carry on digging some more and unearth a few more, by which time I'm wondering what they are from...animal or human.....

The Hub came over and said they are from a cow. Whew!!

So that was my interesting afternoon- how was yours??!!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, what a surprise! Good luck with the pond adventure. I don't have one, but it would be nice to some day.

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

Ummm INTERESTING! I think I would have got upset about finding the bones and given up the gardening after finding the first one! So glad they were from a cow though... it could have turned all NCIS in your back garden! :) Hazel

Ulla said...

Wow, in Bones last weekend they found 12 sets of bones under a fountain (little pond, too!). I have found a dental prothesis in our garden, we think a magpie might have brought it.

Soggibottom said...

I would have spent my afternoon re-burying your bones if I had been near....... :-) You'll have to get a metal detector. : x x x -)

Elaine said...

And here I was thinking that maybe you had a great archeological find, and it turns out to only be a cow. But still, you've got to wonder how and when it got there.

ladydi said...

And now, Miss Heckety, what can you make with some slightly used cow bones? Surely there must be something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...